SponsorshipBecome a sponsor
The SSPC Board of Directors is the governing body for the organization. It has the privilege and responsibility of maintaining the vitality of the organization, including its financial well-being and efforts toward meeting its mission. The board is comprised of officers (President, Vice President/President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary, and Immediate Past President) and board members at-large. A maximum of 14 people may serve on the board. Board members serve three-year terms that begin at the time of the Annual Meeting (usually mid-April), and they may serve two consecutive terms. One position is reserved for a trainee, and one for a non-physician professional.
Sponsor our 2024 Conference
The SSPC invites you to be a part of the 2024 Annual Conference by purchasing a sponsorship.
The Goals of SSPC Are:
- To identify and meet the professional needs of our members
- To promote quality treatment and prevention of mental illness globally as well as locally
- To develop and implement culturally competent ways to combat the stigma of mental illness in all societies
- To educate people with mental illness, their caregivers and providers, and the general population about mental health and mental illness in diverse cultural communities
- To promote access to culturally competent quality psychiatric care
The Society meets annually for three days to coordinate our efforts in cultural psychiatry and in medical and psychiatric education. We sponsor annual travel awards for students, residents or fellows to attend our annual meeting.